Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Do It!


Social media has sure upped the anti for women lately hasn't it? Pinterest, facebook, blogs, you name it. Women creating, being, doing, thinking such wonderful things. For some it is inspiring, for others it makes them crawl deeper in the black whole of their life. They just. can't. do. it. all.

I consider myself to have a pretty thick skin so I take what I want and dump the rest. If I feel like I am looking at too many things and not doing life with my family I take a step back and engage more. But isn't it a constant struggle? I mean, who doesn't want to know what Suzy Q neighbor is doing with her family. Is it what *I* should be doing with my family? Seems to be working for her right? Oh, but Gertrude is doing working out and she looks great  and she seems to be happy.... Sigh... And Anna is involved in every activity - how come I don't have that energy? So we go off looking at what might make our lives a little bit easier and a little bit better. I am right there with you. 

For years I have admired the Nike catch phrase Just Do It. Isn't that true? At least in my life if I stop looking for the next thing and just do LIFE, the rest will come!!! Through it all though, I think my heart hurts for all of those thoughts that are going through woman's heads, myself included...

So I took a shower. Isn't that where all great revelations come? Peace, quiet... Oh and I really wish they would make a waterproof Bible that you could have your quiet time in there but ok, I digress... Anyway, it isn't monumental but it is since there is such a push for woman to be the do all be all. News flash, we aren't.



To everything there is a season; A time for every purpose under heaven.
                                              Ecclesiastes 3:1 New King James Version (NKJV)


Seasons in our own life, just like in nature tend to focus on just one aspect. God ordained those seasons so why can't you have them in your own life! Life would be chaotic if there was no order in nature and the seasons were all mixed up randomly. Just like nature can't do it's tasks all the time, we can't either. So we bend and consent to the here and now. 

My here and now...




For me, it means having enough energy to pour into the relationships that are right here in my home. To be a safe place for my family to fall, being a warm wife to my husband while supporting him as he works hard to provide for our family. It means not spreading myself so thin I have nothing to give to the ones God has entrusted to me. My gifts. 

Then we have to trust... God provides for all of his children and if that isn't perfect organic meals then so be it. We are being good stewards to what He has given us. Does that mean that I have all of the trendy craft materials? Nope, but rocks and sticks work wonders too. Once I start complaining about what I don't have means that I am not content in what God has given me. Yep, not cool. 

We are all just parts of the Body of Christ which in total does wonderful things. Don't be mislead by what others are doing because it might not be what *you* should be doing. Just Do It  and stop being distracted by everything else!!!  There will be time for all the other things in your next season...

Whew... Carry on now... ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment